What is all the hype about our Elderberry Plus Syrup?
An in depth look at what is in our syrup!
Our syrup is pretty spectacular because of all the amazing health promoting additions we put in our syrup. We have been perfecting our recipe for years and only use the best quality organic ingredients. Each ingredient is very intentional and has a purpose. While our syrup is amazing to take as a preventative or to shorten duration of cold & flu it is also an AMAZING DAILY HEALTH TONIC!
Elderberries have been a folk remedy for centuries in North America, Europe, Western Asia, and North Africa. The benefits of elderberries may have been somewhat lost but are being rediscovered. Historians, trace the tradition of the elderberry’s healing power back to Hippocrates, the ancient Greek known as the “father of medicine,” who described this plant as his “medicine chest” for the wide variety of ailments it seemed to cure.
- Elderberry is known its antioxidant activity! Some say it will lower cholesterol, help vision, boost the immune system and improve heart health. It is also amazing for coughs, colds, flu, bacterial and viral infections and tonsillitis. Bioflavonoids and other proteins in the juice destroy the ability of cold and flu viruses to infect a cell.
- Studies have shown cold and flu to be reduced as much as HALF and reported less severe symptoms and felt better much faster than those who did not.
- Inflammation of the sinuses, sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, swelling and a runny or stuffy nose can all benefit from this potent herb. It is thought to be particularly good for hayfever and strengthening the upper respiratory tract.
- These berries are also believed to contain antiviral agents– compounds so potent they are thought to deactivate viruses. Viruses are unable to multiply on their own and need to get inside a healthy cell to do so. They are cleverly coated with something called “haemagglutinin spikes” to help them pierce the cell wall. These viral spikes are also covered with enzymes which the virus uses to break down the cell wall. Elderberries have high concentrations of bioflavonoids which appear to inhibit the action of this enzyme, thus deactivating viruses and rendering them unable to pierce the cell wall and replicate.
Aside from Elderberries, our syrup also contains the following:
Used for swollen sinuses (sinusitis), colds, influenza (flu), bronchitis, diabetes, and constipation. Elderflower might work like insulin to lower blood sugar.
- The Elderflower is also packed with bio-flavonoids that help to boost the immune system. Research has shown that Elderflowers are also effective in killing common pathogens.
The Elderflower is an "anti-catarrhal" herb, meaning it is extremely effective for runny noses and congestion. Anti-catarrhal herbs prevent excess mucous formation and aid in removing mucous and reducing inflammation in the body. Elderflower's anti-catarrhal action is also effective in clearing congestion and runny noses caused by seasonal allergies.
Useful in boosting the immune system and treating colds, flu, and vitamin C deficiencies. It possesses vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, and K. Rose hips also have thiamin, betaline, choline, , folate, niacin, and riboflavin. Finally its mineral content consists of calcium, iron, copper, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and sodium.
- Adding rose hips to your daily diet can help you eliminate unwanted waste from your body. This expels toxins, excess salts, liquid, and fat. The fruit acids and pectin found in rose hip act as both a diuretic and as a laxative. It improves and relieves the symptoms of kidney disorders.
It stimulates regular bowel movement. And also, it eases bloating, mild constipation, and other gastrointestinal issues and used as a "stomach tonic" for intestinal diseases.
- It is also used for diarrhea, constipation, gallstones, gallbladder ailments, lower urinary tract and kidney disorders, fluid retention (dropsy or edema), gout, back and leg pain (sciatica), diabetes, high cholesterol, weight loss, high blood pressure, chest ailments, fever, increasing immune function during exhaustion, increasing blood flow in the limbs, increasing urine flow and quenching thirst.
Immune Booster rich in vitamin C, minerals and various antioxidants.
- Amazing for the immune system and some find relief from high blood pressure and high cholesterol, as well as digestive, immune system, and inflammatory problems.
- It is said to help liver issues and reduces the risk of cancer. It can also speed up the metabolism and help in healthy, gradual weight loss while also helping in the treatment of hypertension and anxiety.
Very high in Antioxidants and the compound cinnamaldehyde with powerful medicinal Properties!
- Cinnamon Is Loaded With Antioxidants such as polyphenols. Scientists believe that this compound is responsible for most of cinnamon's powerful effects on health and metabolism. Antioxidants protect your body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. It may help fight various kinds of infection.
- Cinnamon oil has been shown to effectively treat respiratory tract infections.
Organic Orange Peels
Immune boosting, high in Vitamin C, anti-histamine, anti-allergy, anti-inflammatory, great for upper respiratory issues. Orange peels are rich in flavonoids, like hesperidin and polymethoxyflavones (PMFs), and other phytochemicals, which contribute many of their health benefits.
- Compounds in orange peels and other citrus peel may prevent histamine release (histamines are the chemicals that cause allergic reactions), making them a potentially anti-allergic food.
- The peels may also help to cleanse your lungs, helping you to expel phlegm, and the high levels of vitamin C are beneficial for your immune system, which may help you fight off respiratory illnesses like colds and flu.
Organic Lemon Peels
Immune Boosting, Anti-inflammatory and full of Antioxidants! High in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, beta carotene, folate, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- Lemon peels contain as much as 5 to 10 times more vitamins than the lemon juice itself.
- Lemon peels help rid the body of carcinogenic elements. Lemon peels consists of components known as salvestrol Q40 and limonene, which are known to fight against cancerous cells in the body. Also, the flavonoids present in the peel are known to be effective when it comes to curbing the division of cancerous cells.
Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. The high amounts of eugenol, a compound with both anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, can help your body deal with infections and inflammation. Cloves also contain kaempferol and rhamnetin, flavonoids that share the same properties as eugenol.
• Aids in treating colds. As an expectorant, cloves can help reduce inflammation and expel mucus. They help reduce coughing fits by soothing the throat.
• Boosts immune system function. Cloves contain high amounts of antioxidants, which aid the immune system in fighting off oxidative damage and free radicals. Eugenol also has the ability to help ease infections and fight disease-causing bacteria in the body.
• Promotes digestion. Cloves promote the production of gastric acids, which help in better digestion of food. They minimize indigestion and dyspepsia, as well as reduce gas pressure in the stomach, lessening discomfort.
Anti-inflammatory, Painkiller, contains chromium, magnesium and zinc! Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a natural treatment for colds and flu around Asia.
Contains some of the most potent anti-inflammatory fighting substances known and is a natural powerful painkiller which can help to improve blood flow, as well as help prevent chills, fever, and excessive sweat.
The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to help relieve gastrointestinal (GI) irritation, stimulate saliva and bile production, and suppress gastric contractions as food and fluids move through the GI tract. Ginger also appears to have beneficial effects on the enzymes trypsin and pancreatic lipase, and to increase motility through the digestive tract. This suggests ginger could help prevent colon cancer and constipation.
Organic Red Raspberry
Raspberry leaves are a rich source of the alpha-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, ascorbic acid, manganese, niacin, boron, calcium, chromium, fiber, iron, magnesium, malic acid, phosphorus, potassium, riboflavin, selenium, silicon, thiamin, and zinc.
Raspberry Leaf is commonly used for:
- It is considered it a valuable astringent reduces inflammation & tones mucosal tissues which is great for seasonal allergies. It also helps prevent infection, it gently stimulates absorption of nutrients, increases body tone, energy, vigor and strength.
Rebuilds health by helping assimilate nutrients and eliminate waste.
Influenza, Colds, Flu & Seasonal Allergies
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Female Reproductive Health
- Morning Sickness
Immune Boosting, Anti-inflammatory and full of Antioxidants! Nettle contains iron and vitamin C. Vitamin C improves the body’s absorption of iron, which aids in alleviating anemia and fatigue. This herb also contains a considerable amount of potassium, a mineral that reduces tension in your arteries and blood vessels, lowering your risk for strokes.
- Known to help dampen the body’s response to allergens by binding with the body’s histamine receptors. It can aid in the prevention of rhinitis, or the inflammation of the mucous membrane in the nose.
Reduces arthritis pain. The antioxidant properties of the nettle plant have been observed to help minimize inflammation. Some other benefits of nettle include improving skin health, assisting in digestion, and boosting the immune system.
Antibacterial, Antioxidant, Anti-Fungal. Targets Cold/Flu/Cough, benefits the immune system. Throughout history, star anise has been used to promote sleep, ease joint pain, relieve muscle aches, and improve digestion, which in turn benefits the immune system.
- Exhibit antifungal and antibacterial capabilities, provide antioxidants for the body, targets conditions like influenza (due to the Shikimic Acid content) and cough.
- Has been known to be an age old digestion remedy.
- Nerve calming - this spice has properties that may aid in calming nerves and can ease sleep disorders.
- Known for targeting coughs, cold & flu.
Antioxidant, Nutrient powerhouse, Anti-inflammatory & Anti-bacterial!
Honey is one of nature’s purest foods and is far more than just a natural sweetener. It’s a “functional food,” which means it’s a natural food with health benefits. Raw honey nutrition is impressive. Raw honey contains 22 amino acids, 27 minerals and 5,000 enzymes. Minerals include iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and selenium. Vitamins found in honey include vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin. In addition, the nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity.
- Reduce inflammation – Raw honey has anti-inflammatory agents that can treat respiratory conditions such as asthma.
- Reduce mucus secretion and coughs
- It’s unfiltered and unpasteurized, which means there is no processing or heating to decrease its natural vitamin and mineral content.
- Raw honey contains disease-preventing and disease-fighting flavonoids.
- Raw honey contains both propolis and bee pollen so you get the benefits of those two natural powerhouses as well.
- It has been scientifically proven to help with allergies, diabetes, sleep problems, coughs and wound healing.
- Raw honey is a smart part of a pre- and post-workout snack for better energy during a workout and better recovery afterward.
- One tablespoon of honey contains 64 calories, yet it has a healthy glycemic load around 10 for one tablespoon, which is a little less than a banana. Raw honey does not cause a sugar spike and elevated insulin release like white sugar.
Studies have shown that honey contains the disease-fighting antioxidant flavonoids pinocembrin, pinostrobin and chrysin. (8) Pinocembrin supports enzyme activity, and many studies have shown that pinocembrin induces apoptosis (programmed cell death) of many types of cancer cells. help aid medication used to treat diabetes. The combination of raw honey and cinnamon can be especially beneficial to healthy blood sugar management, as well as many other health concerns like gingivitis and acne.